Centre 56 Ltd is a purpose built 19 bedroom refuge for women & children fleeing domestic violence or abuse.
The centre offers respite and safe, secure accommodation plus practical and emotional support in order to enable the women to make their own life choices. The Centre offers 24 hour staffing/help line.
Each resident is allocated their own caseworker, who works closely empowering, advising and supporting the family throughout their stay at the refuge.
The centre also provides a Social Service registered, morning and afternoon nursery session, in addition to this the older children can attend the after school activities, which are of a more creative nature.
The centre encourages the women to spend time with their children, who can often be very confused and unsettled when first arriving at the refuge.
Staff at Centre 56 have worked hard to forge links with many other organisations in the city and now offers the women 'on site' advice from the following services:-
1) Weekly surgery held by Liverpool City Council homelessness centre - to register all new families.
2) Visit when requested by Education Welfare Officer
3) Weekly visit by a Health Visitor
3) Weekly visit by a Community based Benefits Advisor
4) Weekly visit by the local Job Opportunity Centre - offering practical advice/training on getting back into work.
5) Regular weekly house meetings - this gives the residents the chance to voice their concerns and opinions on how the refuge is run - this is seen as of paramount importance as the centre belongs to the families who sees safe refuge within its walls.
If residents require any specialised advice, the centre will arrange a guest speaker for the next meeting. The centre provides a leisure activity once a week for the women, and frequent 'Special Days' which set out to boost confidence and raise self-esteem.
Centre 56 Ltd
80 Lark Lane Aigburth
Liverpool L17 8uu
Telephone: 0151-727 1355